Thursday, July 21, 2005

Some old poems

They say a picture worths a thousand words. But when things cannot be expressed in pictures, we can try to put words together to create a picture. Below are the poems I wrote a few years ago.

My Mother (September 14th 1999)


This is a poem for my mother
whose heart is always warm and tender,
who still has the beautiful outlook and sweet smile
although you are in your late fifty.

This is for your hard work and striving
to raise us five and earn a living
For your deep love and caring
and being the best mother a woman should be.

And this is for your strengths and energy
though you now usually forget things you have done
but still managing household
and cooking us good food.

My appreciation for your strong determination
to achieve your goal as a midwife
at the age when many women were housewives.

For your patience and forgiveness
during those times I behaved badly toward you
instead of trying to listen and understand you.

Your soft and gentle hands
holding me when I was scared
and encouraging me to go on.

You taught me how to grow,
showed me everything that I should know
which has made me who I am today.

I am proud of you and thank you, mother
for everything that you have done to me
and I am not ashamed to say, though I rarely say to you,
I LOVE YOU!

Thanks to the Internet (March 2001)

Everyday I come back from class
I rush in my room fast
Drop my heavy backpack
Stretch my back.

I turn the computer on
MSN messenger I sign on
Check if my friends are on-line
Any E-mails that are mine.

I’ll be happy
If I got E-mails from friends or family
Then I will chat with my friends
who can be thousand miles across oceans or lands.

Tom says: Hi What you been up to?
Tra says: Nothing much, same old and you?

Short or long conversation
Make us feel close for our relation
No matter what the distance,
Especially when I feel isolation.

3 comments:

Kenno said...

Nice poems! Your mom must be proud to have you!

Anyway, if you have time, check this out. :)

Tom said...

Thanks man. Yeah I saw the comment from my dad on your blog. He's cool huh :) ?

Anonymous said...

I am sure your mum must found it hard to hold back her tear reading this poem. But of course those are happy tear. You are great buddy. I am proud of you. Kris