Sunday, September 07, 2008

Hiking Mount Si

Since it was a delightful sunny day yesterday, I decided to go hiking at Mount Si (pronounced as "Sigh"), about 45 minutes east of Seattle. The mountain looks moderately high, 4000 ft (1200 meters). The hike was 4 miles and took me two and a half hours. Haystack was the highest point but not everybody who made to the top went there because one had to scramble on the almost-vertical sharp-edge rocks. One misstep could end one's life.

I can spot the peak...
Mount Si

With extreme caution, I determined to scramble to the peak. It was worth the risk to get there and have a 360 degree view of the city and cascades. After eating lunch and enjoying the view for a couple of hours there, I hiked back down which took about an hour and a half.

Yay! I made it...
Seattle and Puget sound are far behind

The only way up to the peak.
Dangerous climb to the top

I'm glad I made it back in one piece.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

សួស្តីតុំ!
សុខសប្បាយទេ​?
ខ្ញុំគ្រាន់តែជាអ្នក​ស្គាល់អ្នក​អែង​នៅបាត់ដំបង។

សុខសប្បាយណា!!!