Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My Father's Book



This book, which was just published recently in Cambodia, was written by my father. As the title suggests, the book is about his surviving experience during the Khmer Rouge regime from 1975 to 1979 that killed almost 2 million Cambodians.

As a son, I am very proud of you and your work Pa. It makes me appreciate life more after reading about your hard life during those years. Thank you for this wonderful gift. I hope it will be published in English soon. I want the world to read it and see the Khmer Rouge regime through your eyes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read it both in Khmer and English! I was very fortunate to see his work in progress during my visit. He did an excellent job!
Cha

Tom said...

Well I hope you will have them to read soon.

Enjoy your holidays!! I know you do :)

Kenno said...

I'm waiting to read his book too. I am really excited to hear that your father wrote a book.

Anonymous said...

Tom,
I am excited to hear about your father’s book. Where can I find it? I would like to get one. How are you doing? Do you still have the same phone number?

Bang Penh
WA,

Anonymous said...

I pray for his success in which ever way your Dad had in mind.

It would be the most interesting book that 10 millions of us and beyond like to know and find it out.

Tom, honest to God, You probably have heard that almost everyone whomever KR considered smart, wore glasses, worked for Mr.Lon Nol's government, Teachers and Doctors etc... were killed. I have absolutely no clue how your dad would survive and to be able to read what he Dad wrote, i promise that i will translate for my kids to understand what goes on during those darkest period of our country. Has it already been published or will it has to wait until The KR's trail is over? Please let me know. I will definitely like to purchase it.

Kanjana

PS. ( Hello Penh! )

Anonymous said...

Please never mind my first question,Tom.

I still like to know where to purchase it. Let me know and thank in advance.

Kanjana

kimsoryar tour said...

oh ! it is true life for all Khmer people in Khmer rouge regime. I had heard it a lots but i anxious to see it. but how can i get it