Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Another fishing evening


So it's summer again. My friend and I went fishing at the lake nearby. This is the catfish we caught, weighs about 1.5 Kg. I actually got other 2 fish hooked but they broke my string as I was about to pull them out of the water. I can't imagine how big they were to break the string. It was very disappointing.

But fishing is not just about catching fish. With a good company of a friend you can at the same time relax, leave your worries behind, enjoy talking and drinking beers, and basically have a good relaxing time. Also what I can learn from fishing is patience.

Anyway, I marinated and cooked this fish the Cambodian way on the grill.


There it's ready, juicy and yummy. I bet you want some of that. And what could be a better sauce than Fish Sauce and shredded Mango to go with? I feel like home now. Bon appétit!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made my mouth water.
Bon appetit!

Anonymous said...

Pity for the 2 catfishes who had escaped with the hook fixed in their mouth.It has not been an easy and comfortable survival.You should find them, remove the hook from their mouth and set them free.

Tom said...

Yeah I think about that too every time they break the string. I wonder how they will live with that. I would unhook them if I could find them.

But then sometimes I have the appetite for fish and there's no fresh fish I can find in store around. I miss having that at home. So since I'm going fishing I'm thinking why not taking the big ones I catch and have a nice meal with it because I don't get to eat this everyday.

Anonymous said...

hey, my hommie -- I'm dropping you a good visit and wanting to let you know that I've thought of you often when eating good home food.
Cha

Tom said...

Hey good to hear from you Veacha! Hope everything is well for you there. Thanks for stopping by and thinking of me when eating good food :).

Anonymous said...

Tom!!! There're some great soup and new eating places in town. I've tried many of them for you --no worry!
Cha :)